Does Arya Die in Game of Thrones?
Arya Stark is one of the most beloved characters of the Emmy-award winning Game of Thrones. Her story arc on the show has kept the viewers constantly guessing about her fate. But does Arya die in Game of Thrones?
Why Do People Think Arya May Die?
After the episode when Arya faces the Night King, many viewers have speculated that she may not survive. There are multiple reasons for that:
- The show follows the book: In the book, Arya dies while training with the Faceless Men.
- Arya’s confrontation with the Night King: In the episode, after she kills the Night King, the ground she stands on breaks away leading viewers to believe that her mission will result in her death.
- Arya has fulfilled her “list”: Through the show, fans heard Arya recite her “list” of people she wanted to kill. Now that most of these characters are dead, Arya’s story arc may end with her death.
Does Arya Actually Die in Game of Thrones?
Although some spectators have concluded that Arya does die in Game of Thrones, there is no conclusive evidence to prove this. There are many signs that point to her survival.
- Arya is the “cat with many lives”: In season 1, we heard her father mention that she is like a “cat with many lives”, so her death may not be a part of the show.
- No death scene was present: Unlike other major characters of the show, we do not see Arya’s death – supporting the idea that Arya may outlive the show.
- Arya is want to go to discover new places: In the last episode, Arya tells Jon that she is sailing west to discover what is on the other side of the world. This lets the viewers believe that Arya would go on a quest for survival and not for a noble death.
At the end of the day, it is up to the creators of Game of Thrones to decide Arya’s fate. Until then, the fans can only speculate about her death.