Don’t Play Games with Me Quotes
Sometimes, we all need a reminder not to let others take advantage of us. These quotes about not playing games in relationships and personal lives reflect that sentiment.
1. Confident Assertion
Famous investor Warren Buffet once said, “Don’t play games that you don’t understand, even if you see lots of other people making money from them.” While this quote speaks of money and investments, it’s easy to apply to other game-like situations.
2. Self Respect
Katherine Johnson, the famous American mathematician and subject of the book and movie Hidden Figures, said, “I refused to do the kind of things I felt weren’t right. I refused to play games. My goal was to make a difference.” Maintaining self-respect and refusing to play games reinforces that no one can use or manipulate us.
3. Respect for Others
Actor and comedian John Cleese said, “Don’t play games that you don’t want other people to play with you.” This is a great reminder that not only should we refuse to let others take advantage of us, but we should also treat others with the same respect we expect from them.
4. Guard Your Heart
Author and self-help guru Robert Holden said, “Don’t play games with your heart. Your heart isn’t a toy.” This reminds us that when it comes to matters of the heart, we should never let anyone play games with us. We should protect our hearts and only open them to those we trust.
Bonus: Survival Tips
Here are some simple tips for avoiding games in any situation:
- Choose your battles wisely: Many times we are tempted to play games, but remember that it’s sometimes better to just walk away.
- Avoid manipulative people: If someone makes you feel uncomfortable or like they’re trying to manipulate you, just walk away.
- Have a healthy self-image: A healthy self-image will help you to recognize when someone is trying to take advantage of you.
- Stay in control: Don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself and set boundaries.
- Be honest: Be honest with yourself and others so that you can maintain your integrity.
By following these simple tips, you can go through life with the confidence that you won’t be taken advantage of by anyone. Remember, never play games with yourself or let anyone play games with you.