How To Play Spit
Spit, also known as Speed or Slam, is a highly competitive, solitaire-style card game entertaining for all ages. Here’s how to play:
The goal of Spit is to be the first player to get rid of all their cards.
- Any standard 52-card deck.
- Two players.
- At the start of the game, each player takes 26 cards from a shuffled deck and divides the cards evenly into two piles, with 13 on either side.
- The remaining cards become a stockpile in the center of the table.
- The top card of both piles is then revealed, with each player playing one card at a time onto the center pile.
- The player who plays the highest card wins the cards in the center pile and adds it to the bottom of their pile.
When each player plays their card on the center pile, they can call a “spit” at any time. When one player calls “spit”, the other player must flip over their entire pile and the player who called “spit” can grab all the cards and add it to the bottom of their pile.
Winning the Game
The game ends when one player gets rid of all their cards. That player wins the game. So with Spit, it’s a constant cycle of taking turns and spitting at the right moments to be the quickest player to get rid of all their cards.