How to Play the Card Game Golf
Golf is a fun card game for 2 to 6 players. Similar to real golf, the goal of the game is to score the lowest points. A standard deck of cards is used and the game takes about 10-20 minutes to play.
Object of the Game
The object of the game is to score the lowest points and be declared the winner. During the game, each player is dealt 7 cards and the highest card in a particular suit is declared the winner of that round. At the end of the game, the player with the lowest score is declared the winner.
- You will need a standard deck of cards for the game.
- Have the players sit in a circle or around a table.
- Shuffle the cards and deal 7 cards face down to each player.
- The player to the left of the dealer will start the game.
- That player will pick a suit, for example, hearts or diamonds.
- Each player will then turn over the top card of their hand that is of that suit.
- The player with the highest card in that suit will win the trick.
- The winner of the trick will take all of the cards and set them aside.
- The next trick will start with the player to the left of the previous trick’s winner.
- The player with the lowest score at the end of the game wins!
Each card is worth its numerical value in points. So, an Ace is worth 1 point, a 2 is worth 2 points, etc. The player with the lowest score at the end of the game is the winner.
Golf is a great card game for players of all ages. All you need is a deck of cards and some friends and you’re ready to play! So give it a try, you might just have a lot of fun!