Kobe Bryant’s 40 Point Games
Kobe Bryant, arguably one of the greatest basketball players of all time, had an incredible ability to put up huge points totals in games. Over his illustrious 20-year career, he was known for his number of 40 point games. So, just how many did he have?
Kobe’s Total 40 Point Games
Kobe Bryant had an amazing 16 seasons in which he registered at least one 40 point game. In total, he scored forty or more points in 83 different games over a 20 season career in the National Basketball Association. This includes the historic 81 point and 62 point games, both standing as the second most points scored in an NBA game.
Kobe’s Top 5 Best Performances
Kobe notched his highest scoring performance on January 22, 2006 against the Toronto Raptors. On that particular night, he put up an amazing 81 points, shooting 28-46 from the field, 7-13 from beyond the arc, and 18-20 from the free throw line.
Here are his top five 40 point games:
- 81 points – January 22, 2006 – Los Angeles Lakers vs. Toronto Raptors
- 62 points – December 20, 2005 – Los Angeles Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks
- 55 points – March 16, 2007 – Los Angeles Lakers vs. Memphis Grizzlies
- 52 points – April 13, 2007 – Los Angeles Lakers vs. Seattle Supersonics
- 51 points – December 23, 2005 – Los Angeles Lakers vs. Portland Trail Blazers
Kobe Bryant’s legacy lives on through his incredible performance performances, including his amazing total of 83 40 point games. In addition to his two historically high-scoring games of 81 and 62 points, he also scored 51 or more points 16 times, and had 44 50-point performances.
Kobe Bryant is truly one of the greatest basketball players of all time. His total of 83 40 point games certainly adds to his prowess as a scoring specialist and will remain a testament to his greatness for years to come.