The Hitman Series
The Hitman series is one of the best-selling video game franchises of all time. It follows the story of Agent 47, a contract killer for hire. The franchise has been around since 2000, and in that time there have been a total of nine main games, and numerous DLC expansions.
The nine main games in the Hitman franchise are:
- Hitman: Codename 47 – The first installment in the franchise, released in 2000.
- Hitman 2: Silent Assassin – The sequel to Codename 47, released in 2002.
- Hitman: Contracts – A prequel to Silent Assassin, released in 2004.
- Hitman: Blood Money – Released in 2006 and marked a dramatic change in the franchise, with a focus on the story.
- Hitman: Absolution – Another dramatic change in the franchise, with a focus on story and arcade-style gameplay. Released in 2012.
- Hitman: Sniper Challenge – A stand-alone title released in 2012.
- Hitman Go – A mobile spin-off released in 2014.
- Hitman – Also referred to as “Hitman 6,” released in 2016.
- Hitman 2 – Released in 2018.
In addition to the nine main games, there have also been numerous spin-offs and DLC expansions:
- Hitman: Sniper – A mobile nail-biting 3D shot-in-the-head sniper game.
- Hitman Sniper Challenge – A stand-alone game featuring sniping missions.
- Hitman Go – A turn-based strategy game set in the Hitman universe.
- Hitman: Sniper Assassin – A new mode added to Hitman 2 in 2018.
- Hitman HD Trilogy – A compilation of the first three Hitman games released in 2013.
In total, there are nine main Hitman games and numerous other spin-off titles and expansions. As the iconic Agent 47 continues to take contracts and shoot his way through his adventures, the Hitman series stands as one of the most successful video game franchises of all time.