Deleting Epic Games Launcher
Epic Games provides a variety of gaming experiences with its software, but for some users, the Launcher may have become an unnecessary program. Deleting the Epic Games Launcher is a quick and easy process, however, there are a few things to keep in mind before getting started.
Steps to Deleting Epic Games Launcher
- Step 1: Open “Control Panel” and click on “Uninstall a Program”.
- Step 2:Wait for “Programs and Features” to populate. Look for “Epic Games Launcher” in the list, then right-click on it and select “Uninstall”.
- Step 3:Confirm the uninstallation by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 4: Open the Task Manager by pressing “ctrl + alt + delete”.
- Step 5:Select the “Processes” tab and look for any Epic Games processes running by typing in “Epic” in the search bar.
- Step 6:If any Epic processes are still running, end them all by selecting each process and clicking on the “End process” button.
- Step 7:Search your hard drive for the Epic Games folder by typing in “Epic Games” in the search bar in the upper-right corner of Windows Explorer.
- Step 8:Select the folder and delete it.
Things to Consider Before Deleting
Before following the steps to delete the Epic Games Launcher, there are a few things to consider.
- If you have purchased games from the Epic Games Store, make sure you have backups. You may not be able to re-download them if you uninstall the Launcher.
- When the Launcher is uninstalled, so is any cloud saving data associated with it. If there is not a local backup, anything saved using the Launcher will be lost.
- Be sure to log out of your Epic Games account before uninstalling.
Once these things have been taken into consideration, you are ready to begin the simple process of deleting the Epic Games Launcher.