How to Move Games to Another Monitor
Computer gaming can often require multiple monitors for achieving peak performance. But what do you do when you want to move a game from one monitor to another? There are a few steps that you can take to make sure that your game moves correctly.
Steps for Moving Games to Another Monitor
- Shutdown the game – Before you move the game to another monitor, it’s important to make sure the game is closed. This will ensure that the game’s settings are saved and that they’ll move over to the new monitor correctly.
- Extend the desktop – Use your computer’s display settings to extend the desktop to the second monitor. This will ensure that the game is still running and accessible on the new monitor.
- Move the game – After you’ve extended the desktop, simply drag and drop the game’s window onto the new monitor and place it where you want it.
- Re-launch the game – If the game doesn’t fit perfectly on the new monitor, you may need to re-launch the game in order to adjust the settings. This should also save the game’s new position on the monitor.
- Check for updates – Make sure the computer game’s software and drivers are up-to-date before running the game on the new monitor. Outdated software or drivers can cause the game to run improperly.
- Right-click on the game – If a game is running slowly after moving it to a new monitor, try right-clicking on the game and select “Manage 3D Settings”. This may help boost the performance of the game.
Moving games to another monitor can increase your gaming performance and make the experience more enjoyable. By following the simple steps above, you can ensure that your game moves correctly and runs the way you want it to.