How to Move Games to Another Monitor
For gamers or those who enjoy playing video games, having two monitors can be a great way to maximize their gaming experience. But if you choose to go this route, you might find it difficult to get the game to run on both of your monitors. Fortunately, moving games to another monitor can be done pretty easily. Here’s a quick guide to help you out:
1. Choose the Appropriate Input
The first step is to make sure that you’re selecting the right input method. Different games have different options, but the most common can be found in the graphics settings or display monitor options. You’ll typically have the options of a VGA, HDMI or DVI connector. Verify the connectors on both monitors and choose the one that matches your monitors.
2. Change the Displays Settings
Once you’ve chosen the right input, the next step is to change the display settings. This will typically be found in your graphics menu and you’ll want to make sure that dual-monitor mode is enabled. This will allow the game to run on both monitors. Once you’ve enabled dual-monitor mode, you can adjust the settings such as size, rotation and resolution.
3. Configure the Game Settings
The next step is to configure the game settings. This can be done in the game menu and usually involves selecting which monitor to use. You’ll be able to select either the primary or secondary monitor and the game will automatically adjust the settings accordingly.
4. Test the Setup
Once everything is set, you’ll want to make sure that everything is working as expected. Load up a game and verify that the game is running on both monitors. If there are any issues, you may need to adjust the settings or tweak the configuration.
Tips for Moving Games to Another Monitor
- Check the graphics settings: Every game is different, so make sure you check the graphics settings. Most games have options to adjust the display to fit two monitors.
- Test the configuration: After making any adjustments, be sure to test the configuration. This will help ensure that the game is working as desired.
- Update your drivers: Updating your graphics card drivers can help ensure that you are getting the best performance from your system.
By following these steps, you should be able to move games to another monitor and enjoy the benefits of dual monitors.