How to Play the DOS card game
Dos is a two-player trick-taking card game, similar to Spades and Hearts. To play Dos, you’ll need a standard deck of 52 playing cards. Here’s how to play the game:
Step 1: Dealing
• Determine the dealer by flipping a coin.
• The dealer will deal five cards to each player, face-down.
• Shuffle the remaining cards and place them in the center of the table, face-down. This forms the draw pile.
Step 2: Playing
• The player to the right of the dealer will make the first move.
• On each turn, the player must make one of the following moves:
• Draw one card from the draw pile.
• Place one card from their hand onto the discard pile.
• Place two matching cards from their hand onto the discard pile.
Step 3: Scoring
• The game ends when either player has emptied their hand.
• When the game ends, each player will count the number of points in their hand. Points are scored as follows:
- Matching Pairs: two matching cards in your hand are worth 1 point each.
- Aces: each Ace is worth 1 point.
- Kings: each King is worth 2 points.
- Queens: each Queen is worth 3 points.
- Jacks: each Jack is worth 4 points.
• The player with the higher score at the end of the game wins.
Step 4: Variations
• There are a few variations of Dos that you can try.
- Set rules for how many points a player must earn before their opponent can make their first move.
- Allow players to draw two cards from the draw pile on their turn.
- Allow players to swap cards from their hand with the cards in the discard pile.
Dos is a simple game that is fun for both adults and kids alike. With just a few variations, you can turn the game into an entirely new experience. Have fun and good luck!