How to Play GameCube Games on the Wii
Playing your favorite GameCube games on your Wii is easier than you might think. As long as you have a copy of the game, all you need to do is follow the steps below to get playing.
Things You’ll Need:
- A disc of your favorite gamecube game
- A Wii or Wii U console
Step 1: Setup Your Wii or Wii U Console
- Plug in the power cable and turn on your console.
- Connect the AV cable to your TV.
- Connect the Wii Remote to your console.
Step 2: Insert the GameCube Game Disc
- Remove the faceplate from the GameCube controller port.
- Insert the game disc into the port.
- Replace the faceplate.
Step 3: Start the game
- Power on the console.
- Navigate to the Disc Channel and select the game.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the game.
- The GameCube controller port is on the lower left of your Wii.
- Make sure your Wii is connected to the internet to keep it up-to-date and add features.
- If you don’t have the original GameCube controller, you can use the Wii controller in its place.
Now that you know how to play GameCube games on your Wii or Wii U, it’s time to dust off some of your favorite games and get playing. Have fun!