How to Play Go Fish
Go Fish is a fun and exciting card game for 2-5 players. It’s a simple game that is quick and easy to learn, making it a great game for all ages.
Objective of the Game
The goal of Go Fish is to collect as many sets of four matching cards as possible. The number of sets that you can make determines how many points you get.
A standard 52 card deck is needed to play. Remove any jokers and deal the cards. Each player should get seven cards (or five cards if there are four or fewer players). Place the leftover cards in the center to form a draw pile.
How to Play Go Fish
- The player to the left of the dealer starts off by asking another player for a specific card. For example, “Do you have any Jacks?”.
- If the player you asked for has the card you’re looking for, they must give it to you. That card is now part of your collections of sets. If the player does not have the card, they will say “Go Fish!”
- You must then take a card from the draw pile. If it is the card you asked for, keep it and continue your turn. If it is not, then it is the next player’s turn.
- The game continues until all the sets have been made. The winner is the player with the most sets collected.
There are a few simple rules for playing Go Fish:
- Reveal Your Set: You must reveal the set of four matching cards to the other players after you have collected them.
- Do Not Ask for Cards Already in Sets: You cannot ask for a card that is already in one of your sets.
- No Free Cards: If another player asks you for a card you already have in one of your sets, you must give them the card (even if they already have three cards in a set) and it cannot be put in your own set.
End of Game
Once all the sets have been made, the game is over. The player with the most sets collected is the winner!
There are several variations of Go Fish that you can play:
- Go Fish with More Than Four: Instead of playing with sets of four, you can play with sets of three or five instead.
- Adding Wild Cards: You can add wild cards to the deck for added variety and challenge.
- Fishing for the Queen: Instead of looking for sets of cards, you can look for sets of two queens.
Go Fish is a great game for all ages. With its simple rules and quick setup, it’s perfect for any game night. So, what are you waiting for? Start playing Go Fish today!