Kings Corner Card Game, also known as Corner King, Kings in the Corners, or Square King is a great game for 2-6 players. This is a game that’s great for both children and adults, as well as a nice family game. This is a game that is made from a standard deck of 52 playing cards, and each player will be dealt seven cards.
The objective of the game is to be the first player to get rid of all of the cards in your hand. You do that by making piles in the four corners of the playing area.
How to Play
- Setup – You should begin by shuffling the standard deck of 52 cards. Once that is done, each player will be dealt seven cards that they can look at. The remaining cards are placed in the middle, face down. The top card should be flipped over next to the pile.
- Play – The player on the dealer’s left will start the game. When playing, the player can either put down one of his cards or pick up another one. The card he puts down has to match either the suit or the number of the card in the middle. For example, if the card in the middle is the Jack of Spades, the player can either put down any other Jack or any other Spade.
- Creating Piles – The piles in the corner should now start to form. The first card of each pile should be a King; you will then put the cards on top in descending order, alternating the suit between black and red. If a player has all four Kings, that player will win the game.
- Reshuffle the Deck – Once the deck runs out, everything should be reshuffled except for the corner piles. Flip the top card from each pile, and continue playing.
- End of the Game – To win the game, the player has to get rid of all of their cards first. If a player has no cards left in their hand, but still has a King in the corner, the game can still go on. In the end, the last player who has any cards in their hand will be the winner.
Tips and Strategies
- Concentrate on Corner Piles – You should always focus on filling up the corner piles first, since they are what will make you win the game. Those are the cards that you should pay close attention to.
- Utilize Existing Cards – Be sure to think hard and look at the existing cards to see if any of them can be used. For instance, look for cards that can fit in the existing piles, or cards that can make new ones.
- Collect Cards of the Same Value – You should also aim to collect cards of the same value so that you can easily get rid of them when no more moves can be done.
Kings Corner Card Game is a great game for both adults and children, and it’s a great way to have a fun evening with family or friends. With some careful planning and utilization of cards, you should be able to win the game quickly. So get your friends and family together, and enjoy a nice evening of Kings Corner Card Game!