What is Snaps?
Snaps is a card game with many different variations, including Snap, Slap Jack and Shed and Steal. It is an easy and fun game that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults. It is usually played with one or more decks of regular playing cards and can accommodate two-to-four players.
How to Play Snaps
- To begin, each player should take the same number of cards and the dealer should spread them out face down on the playing surface.
- The first player to start is chosen at random. The turn order rotates clockwise for each player.
- The first player then flips over one card from the deck and places it face up on the playing surface.
- If a card with the same rank (e.g., Ace or King) is then revealed by the next player’s turn, that player should call out “Snap!” (or “Slap!” if playing Slap Jack)
- The first player to call out “Snap!” should take both cards and place them at the bottom of their pile.
- The game then continues with players flipping over one card at a time until there is another match. This continues until one player has taken all of the cards and wins the game.
Variations of Snaps
- Snap: In the classic version of Snap, players must call out “snap” when they reveal a card with the same rank as the previous card.
- Slap Jack: In Slap Jack, players must call out “slap” when they reveal a Jack as the previous card.
- Shed and Steal: In Shed and Steal, players must call out “shed” when they reveal a card with the same rank as the previous card. This version also includes a “stealing” mechanic where players can swap the revealed card with a card from their pile if they have the same rank.
Snaps is a fun and simple card game that can be enjoyed by players of all ages. It’s a great game to play with family and friends and can keep everyone entertained for hours. So gather up some cards and give Snaps a try!