How to Play Garbage
Garbage is an easy and quick-paced card game for two or more players. It combines luck, strategy and memory, and is a great game for all ages.
- First you’ll need a regular deck of 52 playing cards.
- Each player should draw 10 cards, face down. The remaining cards should be placed in the center of the playing area.
- Create four piles of cards, alternating suits, in the center of the playing area. Begin by placing the first card of the first pile face up, then the first card of the second pile face up, and so on. This will create four discard piles.
- Once the playing area is set up, players must look at their 10 cards without showing them to the other players.
- The goal of the game is to get rid of all 10 of your cards before the other players.
- The player to the left of the dealer goes first and plays their one card, by either placing it in one of the four discard piles, or discarding it in the middle.
- The card should match either the suit or the number of the card that was already there.
- If the card cannot be played, it is called a garbage card and the player must draw from the remaining cards to replace it.
- Play then passes to the left, and this continues until a player has no cards left.
- The first player to discard all 10 of their cards wins the game.
- A player can also win by playing all of their cards on the discard piles.
- The remaining players must then count the number of garbage cards they have left, and the player with the least garbage cards wins the round.
That’s all there is to it! Garbage is a simple game that’s easy to learn, and can lead to some tense and exciting moments. So why not round up some friends and give the game a try!