How to Refund a Game on Battle.net
If you’ve purchased a game from Battle.net but it’s no longer suitable for you, you can request a refund. Follow this guide to discover how.
Before Requesting a Refund
Before attempting to get your money back, it is important to understand that not all purchases are eligible for a refund.
To qualify for a refund you must meet the following criteria:
- The game must have been purchased within the last 14 days.
- The game must have been played for less than two hours.
- In-game purchases are non-refundable.
- Pre-order purchases are non-refundable.
- Subscriptions services and other digital items are non-refundable.
Requesting a Refund
If you meet the criteria outlined above, you can request a refund using the following steps:
- Ensure you’re logged in to your account. Go to Battle.net and make sure you’re logged in to the correct account.
- Go to your account page. On the Battle.net home page, select the drop-down menu located in the top-right corner and click on ‘Account Settings’.
- Go to the ‘Purchase History’ tab. This can be found in the left-side menu, click on ‘Purchase History’.
- Select the transaction. Find the game that you wish to return in the list of transactions and click ‘View’.
- Submit a refund request. Select the ‘Request Refund’ option and provide your reasoning. Once your request has been submitted, you will receive an email regarding the status of the request.
If you’re request is accepted, your refund will be returned to the original payment method.
As you can see, the process of refunding a game on Battle.net is relatively straightforward. Just make sure that you fulfil the criteria outlined above and you can submit your refund request with no trouble.