How To Start a New Game of Pokémon Sword
Are you ready to become a Pokémon Trainer? Starting a new game of Pokémon Sword is easy, and you can be exploring the Galar region in no time.
What You’ll Need
Before getting started, you will need a copy of the game, either on a Nintendo Switch cartridge or digital download. You will also need a Nintendo Switch system and a Nintendo Network ID (available for free) in order to save your progress.
- Select the Game: From the main screen of your Nintendo Switch, select Pokémon Sword from the list of games to open it.
- Choose Your Language: The first thing the game will ask you to do is to select your language. Select the language of your choice.
- Enter Your Name: You will then be asked to enter your name. Choose a name that you would like to be known as in the Galar region.
- Choose Your Gender: Next, choose your gender. Note that some Pokémon species may differ depending on your gender choice.
- Select Your Partner Pokémon: Now you can select your Partner Pokémon. Your Partner Pokémon will accompany you throughout your journey and will be your closest ally. Choose wisely!
- The Adventure Begins!: You are now ready to begin your adventure in the Galar region. Explore the world, battle other trainers, and capture new Pokémon in order to become the Champion! Good luck and have fun!
Pokémon Sword is a great game for Pokémon fans. Getting started is easy and with a few simple steps, you can be exploring the Galar region in no time. So what are you waiting for? Put on your trainers cap and get ready for an exciting adventure!