How to Update Games on Steam
Updating your library of PC games on Steam is essential to ensure optimal performance and gameplay. Outdated games can be buggy and may not run correctly on your system. Here’s how to make sure your games are up to date on Steam.
Update Games Manually
To update your games manually, follow these steps:
- Step 1. Open Steam and navigate to your Library.
- Step 2. Right-click on the game you wish to update and choose “Properties”.
- Step 3. Select the “Local Files” tab, then press “Verify Integrity of Game Files…”.
- Step 4. Wait for the process to complete. Note that this may take some time, depending on the size of the game.
- Step 5. Once the verification is complete, your game will be up to date.
Update Games Automatically
Steam can also be set up to automatically download and install updates. Here’s how:
- Step 1. Open the Steam client and select “Steam”, then select “Settings”.
- Step 2. Select the “Downloads” tab.
- Step 3. Check the box that says “Allow downloads during gameplay”.
- Step 4. Select “Always keep this game up to date”.
- Step 5. Steam will now automatically download and install updates for your games.
You’re now ready to get the most out of your library of Steam games!