What is The Game Cricket?
Cricket is one of the most beloved sports across the world. It is a 22 yards long rectangular pitch on which the double innings game is played by two teams with 11 players each. The game is played with a bat and ball and its objective is to score more runs than the opponent.
Rules of the Game
- Pitch: The game is played on a grassy pitch that is 22 yards long. The game is usually played between two teams with 11 players each. The game can last anywhere between an hour (in the case of T20 games) to five days (in the case of test matches).
- Batsmen: Each team has two batsmen in the game, who must protect their respective wickets. The batsmen score runs by hitting the ball and running between the wickets.
- Fielders: The remaining nine players are the fielders who field the ball when it is hit by the batsmen. They must try to prevent the opposition from scoring runs or take wickets to end the batting innings.
- Bowlers: There are several bowlers in each team who bowl by pitching the ball to the batsman. The bowlers are responsible for taking wickets and restricting the batsman from taking runs.
- Umpire: There is one on-field umpire and a third umpire off the field who is responsible for monitoring the game and making decisions about the legality of the play.
How the Game is Played?
The game starts with one team batting and the other bowling. The batting team has two batsman on the pitch, who must protect their wickets from the opposition bowlers and score as many runs as possible. The bowlers from the other team must try to take the wickets of the batsman or prevent them from scoring runs.
After 10 overs, the teams swap positions and the other team then has to try and trump the runs scored by the first. The team with the most runs wins the match.
Cricket is a game of strategy, skill and athleticism. It is a game that has been played by countries around the world for centuries, and it continues to be one of the most popular games across the world.