Where are Sweet 16 Games?
The Sweet 16 of NCAA Men’s Basketball is one of the most exciting sporting events in the United States. Every year millions of fans tune in to see the best college basketball teams battle for the championship. Since it is such a popular event, many fans have wondered, “Where are the sweet 16 games held?” Here’s your answer:
The Sweet 16 Host Cities
The Sweet 16 is a single-elimination tournament, meaning the winner of each game advances to the Elite Eight. The tournament is held at different sites each year, with host cities determined by the NCAA. Here are some of the most common host cities for the Sweet 16 games:
- New York City: The Big Apple has hosted the Sweet 16 games several times, including at legendary Madison Square Garden.
- Los Angeles: The city of angels has also had the honor of hosting sweet 16 games many times, usually at the Staples Center.
- Houston: The fourth-largest city in the United States has hosted numerous Sweet 16s, taking place at the Toyota Center.
- Chicago: Windy City fans have been able to witness some great Sweet 16 action at the United Center.
- Indianapolis: The home of March Madness has hosted many Sweet 16 games, typically at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
The Final Four Cities
The four teams left standing at the end of the Sweet 16 games advance to the Final Four. The host cities for these historic events are chosen several months in advance. In recent years, the Final Four has been held in Jacksonville (FL), San Antonio (TX), Indianapolis (IN), and Minneapolis (MN). Once the Final Four host cities are announced, the locations for the Sweet 16 games are also revealed.
So, now you know where the Sweet 16 games are held. If you’re a college basketball fan, you won’t want to miss the excitement of the Sweet 16!