Game of Thrones: Who Dies in Season 8?
We all know that Winter is Coming, and so is the end of the beloved show, Game of Thrones. As we come to terms with the relative conclusion of this series, many questions remain: who lives, who dies, and who finally sits on The Iron Throne?
There has been an onslaught of sad (and shocking!) deaths in Game of Thrones throughout the seasons, and season 8 is no exception. Some of these characters met their untimely demise during their valiant fight against the white walkers that threaten Westeros, while others met their end at the hands of their enemies. Now that the final season of Game of Thrones has arrived, let’s take a look at who dies throughout the season.
Main Characters Who Die in Season 8
- Euron Greyjoy: Euron Greyjoy attempted a covert mission across the Narrow Sea, only to be eventually killed by Jaime Lannister.
- Theon Greyjoy: Theon Greyjoy never quite fit in the scheme of things and ultimately met his end during a fight with the Night King.
- Melisandre: One of the most mysterious characters on the show, Melisandre, left a legacy of death in her wake, but eventually died following the Battle of Winterfell.
- Ser Jorah Mormont: The beloved knight, Ser Jorah Mormont, made the ultimate sacrifice in the Battle of Winterfell, fighting bravely and laying down his life for his khaleesi.
- The Night King: The Night King, the primary antagonist of Game of Thrones, was destroyed by Arya Stark in the Battle of Winterfell.
Secondary Characters Who Die in Season 8
- Varys: Varys, the Master of Whisperers, was killed in the eighth episode of season 8 by Danaerys on the double grounds of being a traitor.
- Lord Beric Dondarrion: The Lord of Lightning perished while protecting Arya Stark from the army of the dead during the Battle of Winterfell.
- Lyanna Mormont: Lyanna Mormont bravely gave her life in the Battle of Winterfell, taking on and ultimately defeating an undead giant.
- The Mountain: Gregor Clegane, otherwise known as The Mountain, was killed in an epic fight between himself and his brother, The Hound.
These are just a few of the unforgettable characters that died in Game of Thrones during the last season. Though we have to say goodbye to these beloved characters, their lives and deaths will be remembered in Westeros for many years to come.