Troubleshooting Crashing PC Games
Are you suffering from crashing PC games? Not to worry, this can often be easily solved with a few troubleshooting techniques.
There are fortunately a few possible reasons your game may be crashing, including:
- Insufficient Computer Specifications – If your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, then your game may not function correctly.
- Outdated Drivers – Outdated drivers may be at fault. Ensuring all drivers are updated to their latest version can often fix various problems.
- Conflicting Software – An antivirus, firewall, or other programs may be conflicting with the game.
- Corrupted Files – If game files are corrupted or damaged, the game will likely crash.
Luckily, there are a few solutions to try out in order to help resolve any crashing issues.
- Check the Game Requirements – Take a look at the game’s recommended and minimum system requirements, and make sure your computer meets these specifications.
- Update Drivers – Check to see if any drivers, such as graphics card drivers, need updating.
- Temporarily Disable Firewall/Antivirus – Disable any antivirus or Windows Firewall temporarily and see if it helps. Be sure to reactivate these tools afterwards.
- Verify Cache – Verify the game cache in the game’s properties or verify the game files if necessary.
- Resetting Settings – Reset the in-game settings to default or delete any .ini files associated with the game.
These are some simple steps to take when trying to solve any game crashing issues. If none of these solutions seem to help, then it’s a good idea to reach out to the game’s developers for additional assistance.